Please see http://northsideplanningcouncil.org for more information.
Hours: 40 hrs for each issue (40 hours over a two-month period); flexible hours and workplace
Compensation: $18/hr, based on experience
Applications due: April 10, 2017 Please send a resume and cover letter to Northside Planning Council, 1219 N. Sherman Ave., Madison, WI 53704
The Northside News, published by the Northside Planning Council, is going into its 23rd year of providing community news to Northside residents. Come join our fun, professional team to help publish this valuable resource for the community. The Northside Planning Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualifications: proficiency with Excel, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Google Drive, email; print and online ad sales experience; familiarity with InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Mac OS X a strong plus.
Advertising Sales, Customer Service & Billing Duties:
- Reach out to current, past and new advertisers to sell ads for each issue.
- Correspond with advertisers via email, phone & personal visits and maintain communications records and advertiser contact information.
- Brainstorm ad content with advertiser to create effective advertising.
- Work with Excel spreadsheets to maintain status of ads for current issue and organize digital ad files for current issue.
- Understand and work with advertisers on technical specifications for ads.
- Proofread ads.
- Create ad layout instructions for Northside News Visual Editor and facilitate ad revisions with advertiser during proofing process.
- Northside News Accounts Receivable
- Create invoices for ads from current issue (billing) and mail/email to advertisers
- Review aging reports and send statements to advertisers who have past due balances
- Contact those who are behind in payments, make arrangements, followup as needed