Local food system advocate and organizer
- Involved in local food issues since 2004 when the Northside lost its grocery store. Worked to bring a grocery store back to the neighborhood.
- Cofounder of the Northside Farmers Market.
- Helped more Madison farmers markets become food stamp accessible.
- Involved in the initial planning of the FEED Kitchens, establishing the crucial need for business training along with access to a kitchen.
- Became involved with NPC in 2002, cofounding what has become the East Area PTO Coalition and has served as NPC Co-Chair.
- Served on the Dane County Food Council.